Labor Day: The studio will be closed on Monday, September 5 for Labor Day.
Nutcracker Meeting: On Thursday, September 1 at 5:30pm we are having our Nutcracker Informational Meeting. This will be a brief meeting discussing what Nutcracker is, potential date, and more. Dancers who are 3 years old or older currently enrolled in Tippy Toes, Tutus for Tots, Kidlets, Kidance, Dazzler Dancers, or Diamond Dancers are eligible to perform. Our show raises food, toys, hygiene items, and paper items for the Collinsville Food Pantry each year.
Payment: Remember, September’s payment is due at your FIRST LESSON of the month and is considered late after the 10th. Payments made after the 10th should include a $15 late fee.
Italian Fest: There are two opportunities for non-company dancers to perform for Italian Fest Weekend. Read below for more details.
- Friday September 16: For any dancer currently enrolled in jazz, we have an opportunity for you to perform in front of a stage that evening. There are two practices involved for this, at $10 each. Thursday September 8 & 15 from 5:30-6:30pm. Both practices are mandatory to be able to perform. You will receive a note with details at your first practice. Wear dance clothes and bring jazz shoes! Sign up in the hall today!
- Saturday September 17: Calling ALL GYDA dancers! We are looking for dancers to ride in a trailer pulled by a truck (a “float” if you will). This is any current dancer at GYDA. The only cost to you is two LARGE bags of candy per dancer. Please wear a dance costume (if you are a first year dancer let me know and you may borrow one) and comfortable shoes.
Older dancers may be asked to walk and throw candy or carry our banner. We will also need parents to supervise the float, toss candy, and pass out flyers. Parent helpers should wear a GYDA shirt or bright pink or black. Sign up in the hall today!
Shoe Reminder: Ballet shoes should be PINK for girls (black for boys), Jazz shoes should be tan (slip on) and tap shoes should be black! All dancers enrolled in jazz class need jazz shoes! Thanks!
Try It FREE Week: This is for our current students to branch out a try something NEW! September 12-15 is the week we encourage you to send your dancer to a class/style they haven’t tried before (or in awhile) to see if they like it and would like to add it to their schedule. Here are options for you:
- 3-5 year olds: Tumble Tots, Thursdays 5-5:30pm
- 5+ year olds: Hip Hop, Thursdays 4:45-5:30pm
- 6+ year olds: Acro, Mondays 7:30-8:30 (non recital), Thursdays 5:30-6:30pm (recital)
- 11+ year olds: Lyrical, Thursdays 6:30-7:15pm
Non ballet students: Check out our schedule on the website for the best class for ballet/tap/jazz!
Bring A Friend Week: September 19-22 will be Bring A Friend Week! Each dancer is invited to bring some friends to their classes where the friends will dance for FREE! For every friend your dancer brings they will be entered in to win a prize!